The Professional Network on Aging (PNA) comprises over 200 organizations and 400 individuals serving today’s and tomorrow’s seniors. The PNA provides an opportunity for those individuals serving seniors to come together for professional development and elevate the quality of life of those they serve. The PNA serves the mid-south area with members from Shelby, Fayette, McNairy and Tipton counties in Tennessee; Crittenden County in Arkansas and Desoto County in Mississippi. The goal of the Professional Network on Aging is to educate individuals on the issues that concern seniors in the community and to disseminate information and ideas to assist senior adults. The PNA is able to meet this goal by sponsoring events and workshops annually to provide an opportunity to network, have educational seminars and promote services available.
The Professional Network on Aging (PNA), formerly the Memphis & Shelby County Council on Aging, links individuals and professional organizations serving seniors to promote professional development and elevate the quality of life in the Mid-South.
Our network of professionals serving the aging community will be unparalleled for our scope, effectiveness, advocacy, and passion for service to enrich quality of life in the Mid-South.
- We enhance family life and strengthen the bonds within our community by virtue of our work.
- We commit ourselves to continuous professional growth and development so we can expertly address all aging issues in the Memphis/Mid-South area.
- We recognize that our work makes life better not only for aging adults but for their families and caregivers. Our Council is a vital and integral part of the community we serve.
- We celebrate the value of networking and promote its benefits at our meetings and functions. Our council will passionately pursue any goal or measure that will enhance the lives of our community’s older adults.
- We advocate for families at every opportunity, placing service as an ideal beyond business.
- We are actively engaged in our community and capitalize on every opportunity to promote awareness of issues that impact the lives of older adults.
- We will always do what is right in serving the best interests of our aging population.
- We will give back to those who paved the way for us by helping them live in security and with confidence that our community is committed to their well-being.
Board of Directors
The Professional Network on Aging is governed by a volunteer board of directors which consists of the officers, directors, the immediate past president and committee chairpersons. The board of directors oversees the operations of the PNA and is led by the officers, consisting of a president, vice-president of programs, vice-president of membership, vice-president of marketing and development, treasurer, secretary and the immediate past president, nine elected directors and the standing and special committee chairs. The board of directors are elected at the November meeting and serve from January to December.
Class of 2017
Class of 2018
Mary Lou Novak
Class of 2019
Special Projects Committee ChairsSenior Expo: Candice Ivy
Senior Safari: Judy Smrt Hall
Professional Conference: Beverly Rhoads
Legislative: Ruth Griffin
Historian: Bob Bernstein
Parliamentarian: Virginia Griffee
Scholarship: Pat Smith